- Treats spasms
- Helps cure depression
- Works as an energy tonic & as a sedative
- Prevents infections
- Increases libido
- Cures acne and dermatitis
- Helps remove toxins
- Relieves inflammation
- Boosts immunity
- Disinfects wounds
- Relaxes muscular and nervous spasms
- Alleviates anxiety
- When combined with a carrier oil, orange essential oils can be applied directly to the skin at a ratio of one to two drops of essential oil to one teaspoon of carrier oil.
- Orange essential oils can also be safely inhaled by sprinkling a few drops onto a cloth or tissue, or using an aromatherapy diffuser or vaporizer.
- Breathing in the scent of sweet orange essential oil may help alleviate anxiety
- Can be used on the skin for acne mixed with carrier oils
- Dilute orange essential oil in a carrier oil, like coconut oil or jojoba oil. suggests using 20 drops of essential oil per ounce of carrier oil to make a massage oil with a 3 percent solution
- Never inhale orange essential oil directly from the bottle. Doing so can cause nasal and throat irritation and even a mild burn if a droplet is accidentally inhaled. Like most essential oils, sweet orange essential oil is not intended for internal use.